Monday, January 7, 2013

New directions


At the beginning of the new year I changed the system by which I move through the Map stacks. You probably know that the former system had me move top to bottom (North to South) and right to left (West to East) through the stacks according to the number turned up on my stack of cards.

To make things more interesting and random I now now move up, down, left, or right depending on the suit of the card. A nine of diamonds, for example, would have me move nine panels to the West of the previous one. If the number takes me to the edge of the Map I reverse direction and keep counting.

So far it's been fun!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy how simple rules can lead to complexity.. it'll be interesting to see what this change does much further down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I just wanted to let you know that your work has served as a major motivation/inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that, Matt! Good to hear from you again, too, Matthew!

      Delete